Illinois21 mission is to empower deeper learning through building collaborative relationships, critical and creative thinking skills, cultural responsiveness, and digital literacies for profound understandings in the 21st Century.
Students learn best in a collaborative culture of mutual respect in which they can build caring and trusting relationships and the develop deeper learning competencies.
- All students can develop their propensity to learn.
- Project-Based Inquiry is the instructional methodology for deeper learning.
- Assessment is a multi-faceted process that highlights student progress.
- All students have the right to personalize their learning experiences.
- Professional Development is a collaborative multi-stage process.
- School leaders are responsible for modeling and developing strategic plan into action.
- Learning transfer is the ultimate outcome for all stakeholders.
By combining these will lead to the highest achievement possible for every student.