Cultivating 21st Century Skills, Deeper Learning Teaching Strategies, and Digital Tools
MindQuest21’s Deeper Learning Institute is a two-day, on your site, interactive, learn-from-doing program for PreK-12th grade teachers, administrators and professional development staff. MindQuest21 is specially designed to transform a teacher’s instruction in order to create deeper learning outcomes for all students. These outcomes will provide understanding of the Common Core Standards while simultaneous developing 21st Century Skills as tools to enable students to live, learn, and work at a high degree of success. The two day program results in a PBL starter unit that will be built on through the school year via MQ21’s unique follow-up and support program tailored to the school or district to ensure the highest level classroom of classroom implementation.
Participants will learn how to…
- Expand students’ critical thinking and problem solving, creativity, collaboration and communication competencies in order to produce deeper learning outcomes for all.
- Identify the characteristics of deeper learning which separate it from surface learning.
- Discover how to create motivating and engaging deeper learning PBL units with effective results for all students.
- Push achievement to higher levels for deeper learning outcomes.
- Engage in MindQuest21’s innovative learn from doing approach.
- Integrate and assess standard’s aligned thinking processes and digital tools with rigorous content.
- Design a PBL unit of instruction and present it in a collegial critique session.
- Participate in monthly follow-up work sessions to refine applications and ensure high success with the new model in their classrooms.
- Lead a paradigm shift in their classrooms and schools.