How to Teach Thinking Skills: Seven Key Student Proficiencies for College and Career Readiness, Second Edition
Ensure your students develop the complex, higher-order thinking skills they need to not just survive but thrive in a 21st century world. The latest edition of this best-selling guide by James A. Bellanca, Robin J. Fogarty, and Brian M. Pete details a three-phase teaching model and dives deep into how to teach seven key student proficiencies: critical thinking, creative thinking, complex thinking, comprehensive thinking, collaborative thinking, communicative thinking, and cognitive transfer.
How to teach higher-order thinking skills for student engagement and achievement:
- Receive guidance on teaching higher-order thinking skills according to any given standard, including state standards and content-area standards.
- Learn how to weave thinking skills and technology into your existing teaching strategies and lesson plans.
- Understand how to adapt lessons for various grade levels and subjects.
- Gain questions to reflect on after lessons, to ensure that students learn at the highest levels and grow their problem solving and innovative thinking.
- Attain tools and reproducibles to facilitate learning and understanding of teaching critical thinking and other 21st century skills.