What is MindQuest21?sm
MindQuest21sm is a unique, classroom-tested, award winning and innovative school transformation program that prepares educators for schoolwide or districtwide adoptions of Project-Based-Learning infused with technology (PBL-T) across the curriculum.
1. MindQuest21sm prepares school teams to transform instruction with the adaption and/or expansion of Project- Based Learning aimed to produce deeper learning outcomes for all students. It leads to substantive changes in curriculum, instruction and assessment.
2. MindQuest21sm helps teachers assemble the disparate 21st Century puzzle pieces (Common Core Standards, 21st Century Skills, Technology) so they can replace traditional instruction with Project-Based-Learning as their instructional model.
3. MindQuest21sm expands educator’s collaboration skills by providing them with protocols to focus on constructive collegial critiques of project designs and student work samples.
4. MindQues21sm readies school cadres with the practical know-how to assist their schools and/or districts make a comprehensive change that leads to deeper learning outcomes for all.
5. MindQuest21sm prepares professional developers with a practical model for bringing PBL and Deeper Learning into k-12 classrooms.
What is the 21st Century puzzle?
The puzzle consists of many new and unique pressures in the school: the Common Core State Standards, 21st Century Skills, technology, PARCC and SMART BALANCE, PISA and more. When teachers finish their MindQuest21sm Project-Based Learning preparations, they will know how to put the pieces together. They will have implemented at least two enriched project-based learning experiences in their classrooms, assessed the results and observed dramatic motivational and deeper learning changes in their students. In collaboration with site and district leaders, they will be ready to lead the development of a whole school reform built around institutionalization of the new practices.
How is MindQuest21sm unique?
1. Mind Quest21sm prepares teachers to integrate the Common Core Standards, 21st Century Skills and digital literacy via single and cross disciplinary project-based learning units with measurable deeper learning outcomes.
2. MindQuest21sm is a field-tested PBL school transformation model designed to produce deeper learning changes via PBL-T. It becomes the foundation of a district or school plan that engages all teachers and administrators the change process. In a three-five year plan, a school or district can begin MindQuest21sm with a three or more member team committed to a full year pilot program. After the first year, schools and districts may build a plan that includes all of MindQuests21’ssm elements with implementation customized to the adopting school or district. The elements include
a. A two day Summer Institute with school or district colleagues to collaborate in building the Project-Based Learning experiences they will introduce in their classrooms. (In the district or at an Open Institute in Chicago).
b. Monthly follow-up sessions with a consultant team at school site(s) or via SKYPE.
c. Peer support teams meeting weekly through the school year to collaborate on PBL=T implementation and refinements of practice.
d. Principal and district leadership work sessions to support and guide implementation with a strategic action plan. (Online and at site options)
e. Formative program assessments with an annual report of results.
f. Senior PBL-T consultant to collaborate in coordination of all on-site events.
What are the results of a MindQuest21sm program?
Deeper learning outcomes for all K-12 students are the driving endgame for MindQuest21sm. Those outcomes include development of student competencies with the 21st Century skills of critical thinking, creative problem solving, communication, collaboration and self direction applied to a rigorous Common Core standards aligned curricula. It is this intentional development and transfer of competencies into rigorous and relevant subject matter that produces MindQuest21’ssm student results via PBL-T.
How can a school or district bring MindQuest21sm to its community?
Contact us. Because of the limited number of weeks for Summer Institutes, we select those districts from Illinois and other states that are ready to make the strongest commitment to MindQuest21’ssm implementation. In addition, we prepare district or regional service center teams as trainer-facilitator’s for Mind Quest21SM or its ELL version. 24-36 participants are the common number for a MindQuest21sm cadre.
1340 Shermer Rd. Suite 210, Northbrook, Illinois, 60062 USA.