Project Based Learning
August 8-10, 2017
Medinah Shriner’s Center
Early Registration Deadline July 25, 2017
Late Registration: Add $75.00 per person after July 26, 2017.
Individual Price: $575.00
Team Price (3 or more): $525.00 per person
This three day summer institute is designed for educators interested in advancing students deeper learning and school redesign through Project Based Learning. Discover how MindQuest21 Project Based Learning is recognized as a deeper learning pedagogical approach to further 21st century education throughout your school or district.
Learn from a team of experts who will ready you for engaging and motivating your students through hands-on learning PBL experiences..
This workshop includes comprehensive instructions in the following:
- LEARN how to design unique PBL units for use in the classroom.
- UNDERSTAND the value of PBL and each component part as you learn from a PBL unit’s design.
- ENGAGE with peers learning how to establish a school culture to support this different way of teaching and learning.
- LEAVE with the understanding and tools to plan, manage, and assess practical PBL implementation.in every grade and curriculum area..
- DISCOVER the unique all -chool PBL change model–The New Maker School–.with tools to take home and plan.
This Institute has limited space. Early registration encouraged.
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
- All materials.
- Please bring your laptop with thumb-drive.
- Free parking at Academy Site.
- Daily snacks and box lunch..
The workshop will meet 8:30 AM-4:30 PM with scheduled lunch and breaks.
WORKSHOP FEE: All Payments must be made in full.
LOCATION: Medinah Shriner’s Center. 550 N. Shriners Drive – Addison, IL 60101. Phone: 630.889.1400 – Fax: 630.705.9907
HOTEL: We have made special arrangements at the following hotel. Please mention the ILC21 PBL Institute for conference rate. before July 26.
- Hilton Garden Inn. (On connected property with Medina Center) 551 N Swift Rd, Addison, IL (Exit 355 @ Army Trail Road). Phone:(630) 691-0500. ($129.00+11% taxes for single or double up to 4 persons). Rate guaranteed to July 25, 2017. Space available.
CANCELLATION: We reserve the right to cancel any workshop that has fewer than 15 registered. In this case we will fully refund. Individuals who wish to cancel must give 6 weeks prior notice for cancelation of any course to receive any refund. No refund will be given after the 6 week period. Out of town flyers should not purchase air tickets until notified.
AT YOUR SITE. Bring this program to your school, district or regional center. Call 847-921-9174