Illinois21’s mission is to empower deeper learning by building collaborative relationships, critical and creative thinking, cultural respect, student agency and digital literacies leading to more profound understandings of STEAM content by all students.
Students learn best in a collaborative culture of mutual respect in which they can build caring and trusting relationships and develop deeper learning competencies.
- All students can develop their propensity to learn.
- Project-Based Inquiry is the preferred instructional methodology for deeper learning.
- Assessment is a multi-faceted process that highlights student progress.
- All students have the right to personalize their learning experiences.
- Professional Development is a collaborative multi-stage process.
- School leaders are responsible for modeling and developing strategic plans.
- Learning transfer is the ultimate outcome for all stakeholders.
In combination, these lead to the highest achievement possible for every student.